Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fritos, etc.

Believe it or not, now and then I just don't feel like writing. This is one such day. I'm at Afton Station with about 2 hours to go, and so far I've only had four visitors -- a couple on motorcycles from Monroe, Michigan and two solo local men, one from Vinita and one from Claremore. The Michigan folks were doing Route 66 on their way home from the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas.

Across the street, things just appear and disappear. There's a desk chair over there now, on the sidewalk, and I can't imagine how or why it got there. Just another of the great mysteries of Afton, Oklahoma.

I took Ron M. to the airport today. He'll be on vacation for two weeks. Tattoo Man is out of the hospital but isn't sure when he'll be back in Afton. Marly is working on another project for the next week or so. Betty W. is getting her kitchen and bedroom painted. So, I'll be on my own here for a while, I guess.

Observation: Lightly Salted Fritos are a million times tastier than the regular Fritos. Why didn't they cut the sodium in half years ago? I'm making this observation because I didn't bring any "real" food here today, so I'm reduced to snacking. I don't really even like Fritos much, either the salty or low salt ones. I'd rather have a peach.


For the first time in months, I've not had to turn on the a/c today! I love it, and my checkbook loves it!

______________

By the end of the day, several other visitors came to call. There was a gentleman from Noel, MO and a couple from Ponca City, OK. Also, Marly stopped by briefly and helped me close up. He was at the Station yesterday and visited with a group from Australia and some folks from France. Today, there were no foreign travelers at all.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Glad to hear the weather let up for you a little bit! It was pretty brutal here for a while, too. I can imagine sitting there in the middle of town with no trees around you, it got miserable for you!