Thursday, September 5, 2013

To be honest. . .

. . . I think I deserve a quiet, peaceful day after a couple of weeks of the kind of craziness that makes me constantly tired.   Today I got that peaceful day, and yet, it was full of great visitors and fun chatter.   Marly spent the whole day with me at Afton Station and we had a really nice time just talking and happily greeting the occasional visitor.  We didn't get much done, although I did make magnets while I sat there, and Marly started to weed whack the property toward the end of the day.

We had 20 visitors today, and they came from Wierton PA, Ponca City OK, Colton NY, Nixa MO, Victoria Australia, Phoenix AZ, and Choctaw OK.  We also had visits from Crazy Legs Walker and our Afton friend Scott.   Here's Marly (right) carrying on a serious discussion with Scott.
These folks are enjoying a beautiful day or so on Route 66 on their way back to upstate New York. 
Our last visitors of the day were these four representatives of Phoenix's Road Ratz, a Harley group.  They were just what we needed to put the final touches on our quiet day.   They were fun, humorous, and really good sports when I teased them.   They were returning from a pilgrimage to Minneapolis, the home of Harley Davidson, and had been on the road for many days.  They still planned to have lots of Route 66 fun on their way home on their bikes.

Last night, my friend Brad Nickson came to my house to give me rudimentary instructions on how to make a slide show which I can show at the presentation I'm giving in Oklahoma City on Sept. 21.  Now all I have to do is remember everything he told me when I start working on it tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

No comments: