Sunday, March 10, 2013

You picked a fine time. . .

. . . to fail me, Camera!   The new one didn't arrive yesterday, and the old one is still giving me fits.  And of course this was the day when ladies from a newly-organized burlesque group came for a photo shoot!  My photographer friend Michael Scruggs has been contracted to photograph the group, and today two of the ladies came to pose with the old cars.  I tried to take a couple of pictures of them, but they came out impossibly blurred.  Never fear, however.  Michael has promised to send me some of his professional ones to post here at a later time.  
Meanwhile, earlier in the day the camera worked perfectly.  Dean "Crazy Legs" Walker came for a visit on his way home from one of his quick draw shootouts in Tulsa.  His hat, complete with fake eagle feathers made out of turkey feathers, was so lovely that Ron M. wanted to model it, too.  
 
A chilly rain fell all day, and the temperature continued to fall all day as well.  For this reason, I'm not the slightest bit surprised that we only had two actual travelers drop in.  The husband and wife from Omaha, Nebraska are making their way across Route 66 with the intention of finishing at the California terminus of the Mother Road.  Good for them, even though they fully realized that they'd probably been better off if they'd waited a week or two before setting out.

Betty and Robin both came by today, too.   Happy First Day of Daylight Savings Time!

1 comment:

Trevor Hilton said...

I could tell it was Daylight Savings Time day. When I went to Church I could see many people forgot to change their clocks.