Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Camera Day

 The new Canon A1300 arrived last night and I used it today.  As you will see, I still have a lot to learn.  I sure wish they'd put instructions in books now instead of on CDs.  I'd love to be able to just flip a page to find out what I need to know instead of digging into the 187-page online "book".  In any case, there are a number of glitches to be worked out, but I'm getting there.  The moniker "point and shoot" seems a bit ironic in this case.

It was slow at Afton Station again today, giving me lots of time to fool with the camera and talk to Marly, who stayed for a couple of hours.  There were six visitors.   This family is from Plano, Texas, and the lady on the left (whom I believe to be the mother or mother/in/law) is visiting from the Philippines.
The only other visitors were two folks traveling together, one from Vinita OK, and one from Sapulpa, OK.   They are moving to the Grand Lake area and are exploring the towns in the region.

Here's the first photo I took on the new camera.  It's Marly, relaxing with his coffee and donut holes.
I did a little experimentation with the Canon.   This was taken with the fish eye feature.  I really don't know, however, why it came out so dark and why I can't seem to put it into my usual site to lighten it up.
There is also a color enhancement feature, which I tried here.  The postcards look even brighter than they actually are.  
 
 Ok, back to the drawing board.  I'm sure that by now  you're tired of hearing my camera woes.  I hope to have it right before Thursday!


No comments: