Thursday, June 13, 2013

Friends I Never Met

Laurie Garth is an Australian (from Burpengary, near Brisbane) who is a veteran of Route 66 travel, and yet I had never been in the right place at the right time to meet him face to face.  He's a member of our Route 66 Yahoo eGroup however, so I feel like I've known him for a while.  Today, I finally met him in person.  He and his companion Jean Kewley are in the U.S. on another Mother Road adventure, and they visited with Tattoo Man and me for almost two hours today.  What lovely and interesting people, and what a pleasant visit!
In other news ... surprise, surprise!   Tattoo Man got another tattoo!   And here it is!   I've lost track of the number, but I think he said 120-something.   This one is of the Kan-O-Tex pump logo in front of Cars on the Route in Galena, Kansas.
In not so happy news. . . Betty had an accident at the new Route 66 museum in Springfield, Missouri.  Someone caused her to tumble down a staircase and she ended up with all kinds of bruises, contusions, a bash on the head, and a broken hand.  Although it was bad, we are all SOOOOOO happy that it wasn't worse.  Betty,  you really need to stop trying to be a stunt woman for the movies.  Ha ha!
Our other visitors today consisted of this family from Muskegon, Michigan, heading to their vacation home in Prescott, Arizona. . .
. . . and other folks from Hernando MS, Melbourne Australia, St. Louis MO, Fayetteville AR, Springfield MO, Orlando FL, and Fairland, OK.

No comments: