Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Short and (I hope) Sweet

I admit it. I got home late and I'm tired. It was a really big day at Afton Station, especially for a Tuesday! Ron M. and Marly were there with me, and Betty W. helped out near the end of the day. Nonetheless, I'm exhausted. I made it home in just about 90 minutes though, meaning I wasn't too tired to put the pedal to the metal on the (sorry 'bout this) evil Interstate.

The morning started out slowly, then things exploded around 1 p.m. By day's end, we had 35 visitors. They came from Noblesville IN, Mesa AZ, Brentwood MO, Oro Valley CA, Madrid Spain, Syracuse NY, Aukland New Zealand, Saginaw MI, Boston MA, Milwaukee WI, Freiburg Germany, Springfield MO, and Grove, Bartlesville, Tulsa, Sapulpa, Cleora, and Tahlequah, OK! Whew!

This quartet from Aukland, New Zealand arrived in a sporty convertible. Three gorgeous and vivacious girls and a guy who explained that traveling with them was "a tough job, but somebody had to do it!" :-)
These ladies from various OK cities are taking a little break. They've been here before, and they knew their husbands were going to spend a lot of time in the auto showrooms, so they decided to
have a seat and wait until they emerged.
I got the results from the four days I was in Amarillo, when Robin, Phil, and Marly took good care of the Station. They had visitors from the following: Kansas, Iowa, Indiana, Australia, Texas, Switzerland, Brazil, Pennsylvania, and North Dakota. Additionally two groups, 19 from the NE Kansas Hot Rod Club and 70 bikers from the Mother Road Rally kept the folks jumping! Thanks to my wonderful workers!!!
___________

I forgot to post this photo after the Amarillo Festival. It's our own Tattoo Man being presented by Brenda St. Clair with a "Toilet Tattoo", sporting a picture of himself. I'm sure it's pasted on his potty by now. Funny, funny, funny!

1 comment:

66 Productions said...

Needless to say, I'd be more than happy to meet those folks from Aukland at the end of the road in Santa Monica or the real terminus in downtown Los Angeles. Again, "someone has to do it."