Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to.... me?

Another one? Hard to believe. Not much I can do about it, however. I've had a few opportunities to celebrate, and more are to come, but today I'm just hanging out at home in the rain and catching up on things.

I have to say that Facebook has made my day! I never thought I'd say that. But it's such a great conduit for making contacts from all parts of my long, l-o-n-g life. And today, on my birthday, I've heard from an amazing collection of people from my Route 66 life, my life back in the East, my life as a kid and teen-ager, and even a nice collection of my daughter's friends. So today, I love Facebook and all my Facebook friends!

I got some good news about my phosphorus levels yesterday (obviously it doesn't take much to thrill me... LOL), so I decided to go out for breakfast this morning and totally blow my renal diet. I went to the Wild Fork, which isn't on Route 66 and is far from a typical Route 66 greasy spoon diner, but I'll tell you about it anyway. Actually, it's only 10 blocks from Route 66, so it's a place that's easily accessible for travelers, and I recommend it highly if you're looking for something that's a notch or two above the ordinary. Unfortunately, I forgot to take this picture until I'd already eaten half of the largest veggie omelet I've ever seen. In fact, half was ALL I could eat. With it came delicious cheese grits, home made sourdough toast, home made marmalade, and ice cold unsalted butter. Wonderful! I recommend this place highly if you come to Tulsa.

My birthday dinner will be on Route 66, at El Rancho Grande. . . if I ever feel like eating again!

3 comments:

Trevor Hilton said...

A Very Blessed Birthday to you Laurel.

Like one of your Packards, you're not getting older, you're getting better.

Last friday was Lim's birthday. She wouldn't like me to tell you her age, but she's a little under 40. :)

Beth said...

I'm glad you got so many good wishes! It IS kind of nice to get all those happy birthdays, isn't it? Enjoy your dinner tonight!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from your Pawhuska readers. Sounds like a wonderful beginning and as I type this note you're probably enjoying the grand finale. Hope you get pictures.