Friday, December 27, 2013

Bored? Who, me?

Thankfully, I'll be driving up to Afton Station tomorrow, although just for a while and not all day.  I don't do well when I'm not on the road -- mostly Route 66, but any road will do at this point.  Ron M. and I will be at the Station tomorrow around 10 a.m. for perhaps an hour at most.   Robin opened up today but had few visitors.  Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be ideal, sunny and in the 60s.  Ah, nice!

I'm practicing with the camera on my new iPhone5s, and so far I find it, like every aspect of the phone, to be excellent.  I took a couple of photos just now, and here they are. This is a hand painted Route 66 stabile that I was given some years ago.  (A stabile is like a mobile in that it has moving parts, but it is grounded as opposed to hanging.)
This one is going to take some explaining.  It was given to me years ago and is one of my prized possessions, although I had mislaid it until today when I found it while cleaning my office.   It's a zebra leg thermometer.  Yes, it's a real zebra leg and hoof, fur and all, taxidermied, with a thermometer nailed to the front.  It's pretty creepy but a wonderful conversation starter.  I have no idea why it was made or by whom.  My apologies to all animal lovers and wildlife preservationists.
So, that's what I do when I'm bored.  I think this little phone takes some really great pictures, don't you?

No comments: