Saturday, October 23, 2010

T'was a Dark and Stormy Day

It wasn't the best day for travel, and yet it didn't stop the 16 folks who dropped in to Afton Station today. I hope that our friendliness and warmth took a bit of an edge off of the drizzle, heavy air, and extreme cloud cover they were experience out there on Route 66.

Ron M. and I were able to sit outside for a while this morning (under the portico) until visitors began to arrive. They came from St. Joseph MO, Hereford TX, Grove OK, Newport OR, Vinita OK, Perrysburg OH, and Toledo OH. This young lady got a lesson in making pressed pennies while her family and friends from Vinita and Oregon looked on.

Betty W. stopped by for a while, too. Yesterday I ran across this car at the park near my home in Tulsa, and since Betty is a huge fan VW convertibles and an even bigger fan of the color pink, I'm posting this pic in order to watch her drool. I also got my first appointment for a group visit to Afton Station in 2011! The leader of the motorcycle group called today to nail down a date in JUNE for their visit because they enjoyed it so much last year. That made my day!

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

Repeat booking, whoo hoo :o)