Saturday, August 29, 2015

Once Upon A Time



On the way home from Afton Station tonight, cruising down the usual stretch of Route 66, I told Ron M. that it was a fairy tale kind of day.   I'm not completely sure what that means, but it was just a feeling.  Perhaps it goes something like this. . .
They came from far away lands.  This lovely young couple came from Glasgow, Scotland, hoping to find the secrets of middle America.  Finn MacCool would be proud of their adventuring spirit.
 Neighbors to the north, these folks from Ontario, Canada is having a wonderful fairy tale vacation!

 The power of friendship -- two couples, one from Midland, Michigan and one from England, met a few years ago on a cruise ship and have been traveling together every year ever since. Speaking of fairy tales,  I wonder if the British couple has taught the American couple about  Tattercoats.

These travelers, along with some from Leesburg VA and Myrtle Beach, SC are today's Afton Station fairy tale. They are on fairy tale vacations, but they seldom realize that my work at the Station is the fairy tale in my own life.   It's something I've wanted since childhood.  That I have achieved it is the stuff that fairy tales are made of    Like all good fairy tales, everyone lived happily ever after.

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

Glad you are living your dream!