Saturday, July 7, 2012

Unexpected Day Off, sort of

Well, although I did drive up to Afton today, I only stayed for about 10 minutes.  Here's the story.  Last night, Ron M. had emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix, and I really needed to stay in town near him until I knew he was ok.  I was at the hospital very early this morning and although he's in a lot of pain, the morphine drip is helping and he's otherwise alert and, frankly, already a little bit bored.   They haven't decided yet how long he'll be in the hospital, but it required invasive surgery, not laproscopy, so it might be several days before he can go home.

After my hospital visit, I drove to Afton to put a "Sorry, Closed Due to Illness" sign on the door and also to retrieve Ron's laptop, which he left up there.  Marly arrived around 1 p.m., long after I'd left, and I just heard from him that we had a very busy afternoon at the Station.   I have to thank Marly so much for filling in this afternoon, especially since he and Phil had two very long arduous days bringing the Waldmire U-Haul back from Elk City.   I finally got to see the truck for myself today, and tomorrow I'll take some photos.  Love it!

I'll be back tomorrow with more news.


2 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Give Ron our best for a quick recovery.

SusanEllen said...

Hope Ron's recovery is swift and complete. Please, tell him I said hi and suggest that he mind the doctors.

A 3 hour drive for a 10 minute stay at the Station? What a pal you are, Laurel, to do that to fetch Ron's laptop. Your reward was to see Bob's U-Haul with your own eyes.
Speaking of remarkable people doing remarkable things--that Marly! Bless his heart.