Saturday, July 28, 2012

Nuthin'

I didn't get to Afton until noon because I  was with Ron M. at the hospital, so Phil and Robin did the morning shift.  From the moment I arrived at the Station until I left I had NO visitors whatsoever!   Was it something I said?  :-)  Before I got there, Phil and Robin had visited with 15 travelers, from France and Japan, as well as from several Oklahoma towns.   I'm not sure why I rushed up there and used another 170 miles worth of gasoline, but if I hadn't gone, there would have probably been three tour buses from Lethoso and a motorcycle group from Turkmenistan trying to get in.  Oh well. . .  Many thanks, as usual, to Robin and Phil for helping out.  I'll be in Afton all day tomorrow, so everyone come visit so I don't feel so unloved.  Incidentally, I don't have any photos for today, either.

On a happier note, Ron M. is starting to get a little better.  I see improvement each day.   Thanks to all who have expressed their concern.  I've been telling him that everyone is pulling for his recovery.

The temperature today is 113.   Please stop this!


5 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Glad to hear he is on the mend.

Beth said...

VERY glad.

Susan Yates said...

In these temperatures it makes sense that travelers are on the go in the morning--I can't say when it's cool, but at least when it's still under 100. It's a shame you made the trek, though, and during the hottest part of the day.

Tell Ron hi and that I prescribe a nice warm corn bag to make him feel better.

Laurel said...

Thanks Ken and Beth, for your continued thoughts in regard to Ron.

Susan -- I ran across the corn bag at his house the other day, so I know he was using it. I'll take it to the hospital for him tomorrow, although at this point his illness is a bit above and beyond a corn bag remedy. You never know, however!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Ron is making some progress!

DynoDave