Monday, November 22, 2010

Need Shoes?

The other day when Sarah and I drove down Route 66 to Arcadia to visit Pops, we completely forgot to stop at the "former" Shoe Tree outside of Stroud. I knew it had fallen down, but I needed to see it in person. (No, not because I wanted to retrieve my shoes!) So, this morning I took yet another short road trip west.

The sight of the fallen shoe tree is very sad. I knew it had been dead and brittle for some time, but it's still sad when a Route 66 iconic site is no longer. On the other hand, there are a couple of pairs of pretty nice sneakers now on the ground, if anyone wants them. LOL!
And while we're talking trees, I guess it's finally autumn in Tulsa. I snapped this at the end of my street this morning. Nice!

P.S. It was 77 degrees in Tulsa today!

No comments: