Sunday, August 26, 2012

What's that wet stuff?

Gloomy?  Damp?  Wait!  Is that rain I see falling from the sky?  Yes... yes, I think it is!  I had the extreme pleasure of waking up to thunder and lightning this morning, doing my grocery shopping at 4 a.m. in the rain, and then driving through occasionally blinding rain all the way to Afton.  Did I mind?  Not in the slightest!  We've been having such a significant and troubling drought in our part of the world that the precipitation was very welcome!   More!  More!
The sun came out later, making most of the day very pleasant and borderline cool.  I didn't turn on the a/c all day, which was probably a mistake since I started feeling rather uncomfortable by afternoon.  But I stuck it out until the end, even though the day was slow.

Betty W. was able to spend most of the day with me, which was such a treat.  Visitors included folks from Midwest City OK, Florence Italy, Wylie TX, Frisco TX, Oklahoma City OK, and LaCrosse WI.  Here are the Texans who are doing some Route 66 exploration while spending a few days at Grand Lake.  They were on the search for Route 66 souvenir items, and I was most happy to help them with their needs.  
It rained on me again on the way home, but now the sun is out.  Strange day.

1 comment:

Trevor Hilton said...

We had about an inch here near Luther.

More! More!