Sunday, August 5, 2012

All Clear

The sky, that is.   The fires between Tulsa and Oklahoma City have been brought under control, but not until countless homes, buildings, woodlands, and farmlands were devastated.  I'm not sure if there were injuries or loss of life, but the last I heard, everyone was safe.  The news of these huge fires was covered on almost all of the national news outlets.  It was a big deal.   Here in Tulsa, we had a very nice thunderstorm last night, so there's been a little relief from the heat and our plants got a decent dousing, although the drought is ongoing.   As I've said many times before, there's never a dull moment in Oklahoma.

As I write this, Ron M. is on his way home from the hospital.  Since I just got home from Afton, our friends from Salt Lake City are taking him home.  I'll go see him tomorrow morning. Things are looking up all the way around!

I was alone at Afton Station for most of the day, although Phil helped open and close.  These patriotic brothers were taking a little trip on Route 66 in Oklahoma with their grandparents from Versailles, MO.  
 Other visitors came from Okanagan Falls, British Columbia, Canada, Amarillo TX, Houston TX, Miami OK, and Wrexham, Wales.  Here's the lady from Wales, who is traveling solo, visiting with our friend Michael Scruggs for a bit.
My life seems to be settling down a little now, so I expect to do better with my blogging in the future.  I have to admit that most of the last month's blogs have been written on the fly.  I look forward to having more time to concentrate on telling you about my wonderful and interesting days at Afton Station.  If you are a regular reader of my babble, you deserve only the best.

2 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Great news about Ron.

Mike said...

I definitely look forward to your "babbling", as you call it. Also, great news about Ron.

Mike