Sunday, December 19, 2010

Early Morning Tulsa Prowl

I just can't stay at home. The first thing I think about on a morning like this, since I decided yesterday not to open Afton Station today and I have no particular other plans, is to hop in the car and go somewhere. So, I did. By the time I left the grocery store by 6 a.m. and breakfast at a diner by 6:30, the sun was just beginning to make the sky glow a little bit. There was a haze in the air and I was pretty sure it would lend itself to some good photography once there was a little more light in the sky, so naturally I went for a drive. Here are a few of the pictures I captured in the chilly pre-sunlight.
It's mornings like this that make me renew my love for this town. Tulsa is the perfect combination of industry, green spaces, commerce, beautiful homes, wonderful people, and Route 66!

No comments: