Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day Off

 I don't know when was the last time I took a day off during what I consider the busy season at Afton Station.  But today, thanks to my complete confidence in those who agreed to take over the Station today, I had a full day to catch up with a number of things at home.  One thing I learned from this day -- I have almost no stamina any more!  This morning, going to the garden store then coming home and planting the world's smallest garden nearly wiped me out.  And since the plants I planted were those I grew under my new, gigantic GroLite, I then  had to dismantle it and put the furniture back where it belongs.   Then there was the trip to the office supply store to buy stamp pad ink, followed by a trip to a notary public and then FedEx store to get some papers notarized and mailed.  Still doesn't sound like much, does it?  And now I'm tired!  Tired!  I can hardly believe it!   I used to be able to do ten times this much in one day.   I can't wait to get back to Afton Station on Thursday!

   



1 comment:

Trevor Hilton said...

You need to go back to work so you can rest.
I've been like that a few times, too.