Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Bit of Afton History

A man I don't know named Rodney Dillinger posted a few pictures of old Afton on our Afton Facebook page.  I found three among them that I don't already have.  I hope Mr. Dillinger doesn't mind that I post them here.  The quality isn't good, but they're just so interesting.
                            
   The "other" D-X station on Route 66 south of town  
 Yes, little Afton once had a hospital.  It's now a mental health clinic.
And this is the interior of the railroad roundhouse.  I'm so glad to have finally found a photo of this.  It was a very important part of Afton's history, as it employed a great number of people.


3 comments:

Susan Yates said...

What a lovely surprise, these photos. Wait! There's an Afton Facebook page?!

Laurel said...

Yes, Susan. It is called the Afton OK Group. You should join!

Jen said...

Oh, how delightful! Susan is right, what a fun surprise.