Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Splash of Irony

The whole state of Oklahoma has just been declared a disaster area because of the heat and drought, and I have a basement full of water! That's what I call irony. Without going into boring detail, a pipe broke yesterday and proceeded to flood my basement. The water has already been drained out, but today the restoration people are coming to set up fans and remove some soaked boxes of books. The flood also killed my water heater, so plumbers are installing a new one this morning.

All this is just to explain why I won't be at Afton Station today. Marly has agreed to take over for me, so we will be open for the usual hours. I'll be back on Saturday.

I am not stressed about all of this. I am not stressed about all of this. I am not stressed. . .

5 comments:

DennyG said...

So, did all the neighbors come by to see what water looks like?

Laurel said...

I was thinking about selling tickets, Denny.

Susan Yates said...

So sorry about the plumbing problem, Laurel. As a librarian and life-long book lover I'm properly horrified at the thought of boxes of spongy books! Are the restoration people skilled in dealing with books? Let me know if I can help.

Ken Riches said...

Hope things get repaired, and aired out soon!

Diane Blackburn said...

Hmmm... that is quite ironic. Perhaps you tried swimming there to beat the heat, hehehe. Just kidding. Anyway, I hope the pipes have already been fixed and your new water heater installed. Ganon? It will be Revelations.