Thursday, October 22, 2015

Camera Shy Scout

We had ten human visitors at Afton Station today and one cute dog who simply was not interested in having his picture taken.
His family stopped by to visit the museum on a short Route 66 trip before heading back to Ft. Worth, their home.  Scout had such a cute face that I'm sorry we weren't able to capture it on film.  Maybe next time
Far more photogenic were this mother and son from Paris, France.  Mom spoke great English so communication flowed nicely.  They are going all the way to Santa Monica, a full end-to-end Route 66 adventure.
I especially enjoyed chatting with these folks from Bryan, Ohio when I found out that he used to work at a place where my dad worked from before I was born until I was about 5 years old.  Until a couple of years ago when it closed, the company made air tanks for industry, and it was with that firm that my dad got the honor (?) of being the first American to attempt use of a SCUBA (Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus), an occasion I remember well, even though I was a small kid.   It brought back many memories to be sure.

Other visitors came from Alma, Arkansas and Midland, Michigan.  It wasn't a busy day but, as usual, it was a very good one.

No comments: