Sunday, November 30, 2014

Now What Am I Going To Do?

As we locked up and left Afton Station this afternoon, my first thought was "Now what am I gonna do?"  Two months with a closed Station?   This gives me a weird feeling, and by the time I was on the road back to Tulsa, I had already told Ron M. that maybe we should drive up some weekends just to make sure things are ok -- and if we just happened to meet up with some people who want to tour the showrooms, well, I think we could make an accommodation for that.  In fact, I'd love it!  It will take a while to get  used to so many days to do whatever I want, and to take care of tasks like Christmas shopping, Christmas cards, etc.  

Betty and Robin both dropped in today.  Robin is back from a visit with her daughter in Alabama sporting a nice car she bought there - a 2008 Expedition in beautiful condition.   Very nice, Robin!

These folks, from Oklahoma City and Grove, were two of the nine who visited today.  They met very recently on an internet dating site and are getting to know one another by taking a little spin on Route 66 on his motorcycle.  Excellent idea!
Other visitors came from Houston TX, Arkansas City KS, and Lee's Summit MO.   See?  There really are a few people out on the road..  We also had a couple of local Afton kids back for a second day to hang around and ogle at the cars.

What began as a warm morning ended as a chilly and windy afternoon.  Tomorrow will be more seasonal, with the big chill coming in from the north.  After that, several more days of unseasonably warm weather.  Hmm... maybe I should go up to Afton just in case anyone wants to visit.....

3 comments:

MissDazey said...

I think you should write a book.

Susan Yates said...

Good suggestion, Miss Dazey. I second the motion.

Laurel said...

I'm constantly writing books. But none of them ever get finished. Some day, perhaps....