Thursday, September 29, 2011

Good morning, Sunshine!

I hope nobody is getting tired of my sunrise shots. I'm sorry. I just can't resist a tremendous sunrise. This morning's wasn't particularly unique, but watching that big golden ball rise over Route 66 never fails to thrill me. I love mornings!
I arrived at Afton Station very early today -- 8 a.m. to be exact. Most of "the gang" was here at some point during the day. Ron M. was not, since he had a dental appointment. However Marly, Phil, Betty, and Tattoo Man all stopped in. Phil is polishing the '36 Packard to within an inch of it's life. It looks WONDERFUL! Tattoo Man had a wreck in one of his PT Cruisers and since it was totaled, he's shopping for something new. Never fear, Tattoo was not hurt at all.

Visitors today came from Higginsville MO, Blacksburg VA, Huntsville AR, LaPlaya TX, Springfield MO, Oslo Norway, and Miami, OK.

This is Larry from the Miami (OK) Convention and Visitors Bureau. He came in to pick up some trip guides that were left with me, and in return he left a whole box of his town's guidebook and several other pieces of literature. What a nice guy, with the perfect personality to meet and greet visitors to Miami.

I think that visits from travelers may be starting to wind down a little bit. I hate not having more visitors, but to be honest, I do look forward to taking a day off now and then to do some local exploring. I'll stay open 7 days a week until the end of October, then may cut back on hours.

3 comments:

MissDazey said...

I love the sunrise and sunset pictures. Several people post their sun photos on Twitter. Great fun to watch the sun come up across the USA.

DennyG said...

Isn't that the same Larry who did/does tours of the Coleman? Miami is definitely fortunate to have him around.

Laurel said...

Thank you, Miss Dazey!

Denny -- Yep, it's the same guy, but he doesn't do the tours any more.