Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Potpourri

I'm finally going home from rehab tomorrow, and I have a few loose ends to clean up in the way of "orphan" photos I've taken or accumulated in the past couple of weeks.  Be warned.... except for one image, these have nothing to do with Route 66 whatsoever.

Here is the medal that was given to those who finished the Route 66 Blue Whale Ultra on Saturday.  Pretty cute, I think.
I found this on Betty Wheatley's Facebook page.  It's a fantastic old picture of an oil derrick "farm" in Oklahoma.  Oil as far as the eye can see.  There were lots of panoramas just like this in the early part of the 20th century That's a lot of black gold being pumped out of the ground!
I snapped a coupe of photos today to remember my weeks here at The Villages rehab.  Here's my cozy room. . . 
. . .  and here are my two therapists, Jennifer and John, who have been extremely helpful in my recuperation and are, additionally, really nice people whom I'm proud to call my new friends.  
My next post here will be this weekend, after I'm back at Afton Station, and I'm sure I'm going to have a lot to talk about.  See you then!

No comments: