Saturday, June 21, 2014

One More Week

At this time one week from today, I will be sitting at my usual spot behind the counter at Afton Station and will be cheerfully and gratefully greeting visitors from all over the country and the world.  My therapy has been going well and I'm feeling strong, or at least as strong as I was just before my back quit on me.  I can't wait.  Meanwhile, I'm existing on short text messages from Robin when anything happens there -- either good or bad.  Fortunately, most happenings have been good, but there have been a few minor disasters, too.  For one thing, our phone quit.  It was old anyway, so Ron is heading for Best Buy to replace it.  But until next Saturday we'll be without phone service.  If you need information about the Station, call this cell phone and Robin will be able to help you - 918-314-0156.

Robin reports that she's having a very good day today, lots of visitors buying lots of our merchandise.  Here's a group she describes as International Military Student Officers, apparently from all over the world taking military classes here in Oklahoma and learning the American way of life.  Can't think of a better way to do it than on Route 66!  Tonight they will be attending a Native American pow wow.

I'll try to keep everyone informed of anything interesting that might happen in and around Afton Station.  Meanwhile, enjoy the fact that it's now officially SUMMER!

No comments: