Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Abbreviated Day

I got to Afton late today and took no photos.  Phil was minding the store while I paid a visit to the ICU this morning where Ron M. is resting under very strong sedation.  He will have a fourth, and hopefully last, surgery tomorrow to attempt to close the incision which continues to reopen.  His condition is considered to be poor, but we're all in hopes that it will change after tomorrow's trip to the operating room.  Until then, he really can't have visitors, and he wouldn't know who was there anyway.  Obviously, this has me in quite a state, but thankfully some of Ron's (and my) friends are driving in from Salt Lake City tomorrow to  help out with what needs to be done.  Meanwhile, I hope that all my readers will direct their good thoughts to Ron M. and his recovery.

Thankfully, it was a very slow day at the Station.  I wasn't in the mood to have a crush of visitors.  Those that did come were wonderfully pleasant.   They came from Bloomington IN, Mt. Union IA, Cedar Lake OK, and Minneapolis MN.   The guest from Iowa treated us to an amazing story about being extracted from the bottom of the Grand Canyon via Medi Vac helicopter when she fell ill during a burro ride down at the bottom.  Oh my, what an adventure! The ending is happy, as she was treated and released, but she said it was the ride of a lifetime!

That's it for today, my friends. . .

5 comments:

Susan Yates said...

I opened your blog this evening hoping to hear that Ron had improved and am sad to find it isn't so. I am glad that reinforcements are coming to help you with the things that must be done while he's in the hospital. The effect of prayers and positive thoughts can only be good. Sending you and Ron mine.
Hugs, Susan

Laurel said...

Thanks, Susan. There are a lot of us pulling for him, so I'm hoping we'll have some better news soon.

Laurel

Jen said...

Oh, no. :( I am sorry to hear that Ron has been having continuing issues—was out with an illness myself and was, like Susan, hoping to hear he was doing better. I will definitely keep you both in my prayers. God bless and sending hugs from Ohio, Laurel.

Laurel said...

Thanks so much for your concern, Jen. He's having yet another surgery this morning, so Robin will be taking over the Station. Your prayers are very much appreciated.

Beth said...

I'm just getting caught up on personal blogs and I'm sorry to see that Ron is still having problems. I hope this latest surgery will get him back on his feet soon! As soon as he's out of the sedation, please pass along my and Ken's best wishes and let him know we're pulling for him!

Hugs, Beth