Saturday, August 8, 2015

Here's What's Happening

Another jam packed day of fun at Afton Station.  Why have I only done this for the last 13 year  I wish I'd had the pleasure of working here all my life. .
Doesn't this look like true love?  These honeymooners, Karola and Guille, are from Madrid, Spain (him) and Poland (her).  They met in school in Madrid and got married just last weekend!

 Also from Spain (Barcelona) are these two  More beautiful people.
From here at home came this family from O'Fallon, MO.  The older boy did all the research for the Route 66 trip.  I think he knows more that I do about the Mother Road!
And our only four footed visitor today was Rebound, a rescue dog with his parents from Claremore, OK.  Wow. what a well-trained canine!   Since he lives nearby, we hope to see more of him.
As we were leaving, David and Marly returned with two of the cars that had spent the day being background for the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Pensacola Dam, the dam which created Grand Lake.. I had been wanting a photo with these two in front of the Station.  This isn't much of a picture, but it's the best I could do in a rush.

Special note to Afton Reamy:  I have seen the great photo of you at my museum, Afton Station, and was told by my employee that you would love to see your photo on my blog.  I just want you to know that I'm working on it, but having trouble transferring it to the blog.   You will see it here soon!   So sorry I missed meeting the girl with the beautiful name when you were here!



2 comments:

Michelle Dias said...

From Afton's Mommy: Thank you for the special note ... We've been checking & Afton is looking forward to seeing her picture .... fingers crossed it will work!! We were all excited to stop at Afton Station! Y'all have done such a great job restoring the old Route 66 stopping point! The cars were quite impressive also - Y'all have a great collection! The lady that helped us in your store was so nice, friendly, & helpful ... kudos to her! We all got an Afton shirt & a necklace & bracelet for Afton & I. Afton thought signing the wall was the coolest, too! We look forward to bringing our Afton back to Afton in the future! Thanks again! Michelle

Laurel said...

I was able to post the photo this evening (Sunday). What a sweet child. I'm sorry I missed her the first time around and look forward to meeting her some day. Hi, Afton!!