Thursday, June 25, 2015

Selfie Stick!

I had never seen a selfie stick until this couple walked through the door of Afton Station this morning.
I'm not necessarily up on all the latest pieces of technology (an understatement!) but I'd been kind of curious about this device that allowed one to take a wider range of photos of onesself.   When this Claremore, Oklahoma duo arrived, I first thought she was carrying a putter.   I soon found out I was wrong, and they were nice enough to give me a short lesson on how to use one.  I don't take selfies (ugh... hate photos of myself) so I won't be running out to buy one, but it was a lot of fun to meet this interesting couple who have taken thousands of photos on their  Route 66 trip.
From Plain City, Ohio came these two bikers, traveling across the country in the intense heat. I have to hand it to folks in those leather outfits in this weather.  These two chose the cooler white shirt approach to the wrath of Mother Nature.  Anyway, they were happy and glad to hang around in our cool for a while.  

Four young men from Yorkshire, England signed the wall and signed the guest book.  
And from Kankakee, Illinois came this couple, who reminded me that their town was mentioned in Arlo Guthrie's song "City of New Orleans".  We told them about the Woody Guthrie museum in Tulsa and hope they will make time to visit it. It is an extraordinary paean to the whole Guthrie family.

There were also visitors from Cincinnati OH, Kettering OH, Sequoyah OK, New York City NY, Kansas City MO, Springfield MO, Wyandotte OK, and Pittsburg KS.

No comments: