Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

Just a few thoughts on Christmas Eve day, with everything done and not much to keep me busy today. . . .

Ron, Joe, and I drove out to West Tulsa to the little Route 66 Village park.  I've talked about it several times before on this blog, but I wanted to see some new signage that went up there last week.  A large crane was employed to get to the very top of the oil derrick to hang four signs, one on each side way up there.  My only complaint is that the derrick is so tall and the signs so far up there that they're almost impossible to photograph and very difficult to read.  Since the park is small, it's hard to get far enough back from them to do either.  Here is the best we could do.
New little literature boxes have been installed so visitors can pick up brochures which describe the park.  A great idea!
The park is a definite "must see" during one's Route 66 travel through Tulsa.   It's on Southwest Boulevard west of the city.
_______________________

In other unrelated news, Sarah packed one of my Christmas gifts in this bag.  I've never seen one before, but she let me know they're available at World Market.  They're shown on their website at www.worldmarket.com. Very cute!

WISHING EVERYONE OF MY READERS A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY, NO MATTER WHAT HOLIDAY YOU CELEBRATE.AT THE WINTER SOLSTICE.    IT IS INDEED A FESTIVE TIME OF  YEAR AND ONE WHEN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US SHOULD REJOICE IN THE FACT THAT WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS DESPITE OUR DIFFERENCES.  THAT, IN ITSELF, IS A BLESSING.  






No comments: