Monday, July 6, 2009

Button Making

I'm not at Afton Station, but I'll tell you about my activity for today since it's related to Route 66. The great guy who has been making the pins and magnets I sell at the Station has been busy lately with an exciting new undertaking, opening his "Route 66 Bar and Grill" in Ohio, so he's a bit behind on filling orders. Meanwhile, I'm almost out of both items, which just happen to be my best sellers. Therefore, I recently purchased a Badge-A-Minit machine and I'm making my own. I've owned the machine that makes the larger magnets for many years and used it with great success, but never had the smaller one until now. Today, I'm creating some original designs, both large and small. Although the larger machine is a dream to operate, the machine that makes the small pins is pretty frustrating! Approximately one out of three pins comes out wrong and has to be discarded. Grrrr! Maybe it's "operator error", but I don't really think so. Anyway, that's what's occupying my time today.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Those are cute! I especially like the first one!

Laurel said...

I like the first one best too, I guess because I'm not much of a flag-waver. But I think the foreign visitors will like the second one.