Friday, March 13, 2009

My Kindle has arrived!

Yes, it's Friday the Thirteenth. I'm glad I'm not superstitious.

My Kindle2 arrived yesterday. I'm absolutely thrilled with it! I read almost an entire book at dialysis this morning, and it was so easy to handle one-handed. I haven't learned all of it's features, but it's main function, reading electronic books, can be learned in about two minutes.

Tonight is corned-beef-and-cabbage night. I can't wait! The house still smells great from yesterday's preparation. I wish I could eat it right now.

I'll be at Afton Station tomorrow and Sunday, so we'll be back to some on-topic posts. Thank you for your patience.

Meanwhile, here's another picture of my beloved pansies, taken this morning. What can possibly be wrong with flowers that bloom for 7 months, especially when about 4 of those months are the dead of winter? They just seem to get better and better.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm so glad you're pleased with your Kindle! It really sounds great, but we can't justify the expense for it at the moment, not when we can take books with us when we travel, etc. But WOW, do I love gadgets!

Don't apologize for being "off-topic." I like reading about your day-to-day things along with things about Afton. After all, the downtime is part of being a Route 66 business owner, too...right?

Love, Beth