Friday, December 5, 2008

Let there be LIGHTS!

It looks like I won't be going to Afton until Sunday. I was going to go tomorrow but come back early to participate in the Oklahoma Route 66 Association tour of Christmas lights in Tulsa. But the leader of the tour was called away due to the death of his grandmother, so he asked me to fill in. That means I'll be leading a caravan of cars (not sure how many) all around Tulsa looking at various Christmas displays. We start with an early dinner at 4:30 at the Hickory House Barbecue on Route 66 in Sapulpa and go on from there. Since I have to pick up some people who are going to be riding with me, and then get to Hickory House early now that I'm the "leader", I'd only be able to spend a couple of hours at Afton Station before making the long trip back to Tulsa. So, I've just decided I'm not going. David said he might be able to spend a little time there tomorrow, so I hope he catches any stray winter travelers who may stop in.

One of the stops on the light tour is Rhema Bible Church, a place I've never been but have always wanted to see. It's a huge campus, and apparently (if the hype is accurate) has one of the Top 10 Christmas light displays in the country. There's a picture of a portion of it above. We'll also be stopping for dessert and coffee in downtown Tulsa after looking at the lights there. I expect it to be a festive evening, and I'll give a full report tomorrow.






1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like a fun time, and I'll look forward to hearing about it!

B.