Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Day In Afton .... NOT

I'm still alive and kicking, but since I've done nothing Afton Station-related for several days, I haven't left a posting here. The way I see it, people come to this blog to hear about the life of a Route 66 business owner, not to suffer through a recitation of my day-to-day activities at home. However, I don't want anyone to stop visiting this site just because I don't write every day. Whenever something interesting happens, I'll be here to report it. If I take any interesting photos, they'll be here, too.


Today, David called around 1 p.m. He's been at Afton Station working on cars all day, and so far hasn't had any visitors. I'm not a bit surprised. But, since he told me he'll be working at Afton Station more often this winter than last, I have hopes that any passers-by who want to see the place might be lucky enough to have someone there to let them in. I'll be there Saturdays and Sundays, of course (except this Sat., when I'll only be there for a half day, since I have something to do in Tulsa in the afternoon).

1 comment:

Beth said...

I, for one, would love to hear about your past travels during this downtime at Afton! Maybe you could write about various short trips you've taken, adventures you've encountered, put up a picture or two...? Maybe? I know I'd like to read more about it!

I'm in the process of putting up a little slideshow of our pictures from Lebanon, MO, including the Munger Moss. What a beaut!

Hugs, Beth