Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ouch!

First thing in the door this morning I had a run-in with a loose piece of wood trim and hurt my pinkie finger.  First bloody.  Then blue.  Maybe broken but more likely just bruised.  I'm glad it wasn't a harbinger of things to come, because the rest of my day at Afton Station was just fine.

Slow, but fine, that is.  Although yesterday Robin had visitors from Connecticut, Michigan and Tennessee, today all but one of our 9 visitors came from Oklahoma -- Claremore, Miami, Tulsa, and Bartlesville, all of whom were out for a day's drive on Route 66.   Our final guest was from Kansas City, MO and was a repeat visitor.  And since Ron M. wasn't there to remind me, I forgot to take any photos.

Marly and Robin were working at the Station on David's fence all day, so I was never alone and lonely.  The all day sunshine buoyed my mood, and by the end of the day I had established that my pinkie was merely bruised, not broken.

No comments: