Saturday, April 6, 2013

Retro Show Report

Well, there wasn't much of a crowd, and I didn't sell a whole lot, but I sold enough to come out ahead, and we definitely spread the word about Afton Station and Route 66.   We handed out lots of Oklahoma Route 66 Trip Guides and Afton Station brochures, and I was amazed that so many folks were familiar with the Station or had been there.

I just got home and I'm tired and must head back to Afton early in the morning, so this will be short, with perhaps further details tomorrow.  Meanwhile, here's our booth, and there I am chatting with Betty and Rann Lee, a friend of Robin's who is now my new friend, too.  He asked to sell some of his miniature autos at our booth, and since I had plenty of space I agreed.  Nice guy to have around.
I just had to get a shot of this couple from Springfield, MO who told me that although they've never been to Afton Station, they read my blog faithfully.  I like that!   They were thinking of driving down to Afton after they left the show, and I hope they did.  I'll check the guest book tomorrow.
Thanks to all who helped with the booth -- Ron M., Robin, Marly, Sue, and Betty.  Love you all!  There's probably much  more I could tell you about today, but if you'll excuse me, I'm going to grab some Jello for dinner and hit the bed.   See you tomorrow, gang.....

No comments: