Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Out and About

I finally got out today and was able to do plenty of driving, thus alleviating my housebound nuttiness and getting a few errands run. I even drove all the way to Bixby with no problems, as the main roads are now clear. As I write, however, there's more snow falling. It won't be much, but even one flake is more than we need right now. I hope that by the weekend I'll be able to spend at least one day at Afton Station.Here's one of my Christmas presents from Betty. It's an old, but perfectly well-kept and just like new, scarf from the old Buffalo Ranch. She said they used to sell them in the Western Store as souvenirs for tourists. She also gave me Buffalo Ranch t-shirt which was, despite it's age, unworn and in perfect condition. She really knows how to make me happy! The scarf will be displayed in one of the showcases at Afton Station. I love Buffalo Ranch memorabilia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That scarf is awesome. I wish I could have seen the original Buffalo Ranch.

Trevor Hilton said...

That cartoon is EXACTLY how I've been feeling.

I can remember seeing the original Buffalo Ranch when I was a child. I don't have many specific memories, but I've been there.

Too bad it's just a convenience store now.

Unknown said...

The wonderful part of the Buffalo Ranch Scarf is that it was made in America, I bet...

So much of the items found today along the Mother Road are made in China, how sad...