Monday, June 15, 2009

Bar-B-Q and Bar-Ber-Shop

Today, just a couple of Route 66 photos I found in my files. . .

This is what remains of an old barbeque joint in Vinita. They still have quite a stash of wood, considering the place hasn't been open for years. Here's the Cowboy Cut Barber Shop in Chelsea. It's small and cute.
One of these days I'm going to run out of picturesque buildings to photograph between Tulsa and Afton, and I'll have to start posting pictures of McDonald's and Subway. No, not really.


I'll check in again tomorrow with Tuesday tales from Afton Station.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Haha! No, I don't see you posting pics of McD's and Subway! You've got a ways to go before you run out...by that time, we'll all have forgotten the earlier pictures (we're all getting older, you know!), so you can start over! :)

P.S. My word verification is 'coven.' Uh oh.

Ken Riches said...

Reading but not commenting much. I am sure you understand :o)

Trevor Hilton said...

When you run out of picturesque buildings around there, you'll have a perfectly good excuse to go elsewhere then.

I read your articles in the new Route 66 Pulse. Very interesting. "This is where I went and what I saw" type articles are interesting, since they tell me where I want to go then. But, "I run this place and this is what I see" type articles tell me about the people who run those places.

Anonymous said...

Funny you have a picture of that BBQ place. When I went through there Sunday, I noticed the stacks of wood and lack of a roof on the building. Just thought it was interesting for some strange reason.