Friday, August 22, 2008

Voyeurism

I'm home today with a rather nasty head cold, so I was surfing a few web locales in an attempt to divert my attention from a very sore throat.  Until I read yesterday's www.route66news.com blog entry about the Big Texan Steak Ranch site, I had forgotten that there's a live webcam set up in the dining room there, trained on the table where the potential 72-oz. sirloin eaters sit when they attempt their gluttonous feat.  A couple of mouse clicks and I was hooked.   So far, I've seen nobody eat the legendary steak, but I can't seem to stop watching all the other goings-on that are also within the range of the webcam lens.   I've watched people sit at the tables in the foreground, eat, chat, pay, and leave.  I've watched the waiters scurry around or, during the lull in the middle of the afternoon, loll around waiting for some action.  The open grill kitchen is visible in the background, and I've watched the grill men work tirelessly, never stopping for a moment's rest.   I'm most impressed by their industriousness.  I know I'll keep dropping in on the webcam this evening to find out if anyone takes the steak eating challenge.  What a way to piddle away a day.  I'm ashamed of my voyeurism, but it sure is fun.   I wonder how long my obsession will last.   I'll be in Afton tomorrow and Sunday, so maybe the habit will break itself over the weekend.  In the meantime, I confess to blatant enjoyment of my clandestine peeking.  

If  you'd like to peek yourself, go to: BIG TEXAN STEAK RANCH - LIVE

UPDATE:  They're setting the 72-oz. steak table right now. I think we're about to get some action!  Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.....

No comments: