Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Nice Surprise

Surprise!  After all my moaning about the absence of crowds at Afton Station, today turned out to be a great day with lots of friendly visitors.  Just like summer on a gloomy, rainy, cold day.   Who knew?

Ron M. and I were there, of course, and were joined at one time or another by Betty, Scott, and Michael Scruggs.
I caught Ron, Scott, and Michael being non-productive, but there were not many moments like that today.
Fairly early in the morning we were visited by this gentleman from Claremore, OK who is a car restorer himself.   He specializes in Cadillacs but was quite interested in and impressed by our Packard collection.  I feel sure we'll see more of him in the future.
Four characteristically happy travelers came to us from Queensland, Australlia.  Jackie (second from right) let me know that she and I are Facebook friends, which was such a nice realization!  I love that people from different sides of the world can "know" one another through social media.  So, hello Jackie!  Let me know how the rest of your Route 66 trip goes.  I'd love to hear from you.
And here is Jackie admiring the '57 Packard.  It's a favorite of mine, too.

Other visitors came from Colgate OK, Myrtle Beach SC, Coachella CA, Bloomington MN, and Gunniston CO.    A fine day today!

No comments: